FPGA Design Engineer
Working at Space Micro:
Space Micro is a fast-paced satellite product company that is looking for candidates who thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment.
Potential employees should have a mix of technical expertise and experience, and also be strongly motivated to achieve technical success on complex engineering projects. Equally as important at Space Micro is that we are looking for self-starting and self-directed candidates who can take a project or assignment and truly "own" it; they can direct themselves day-to-day and keep moving towards to a solution and/or product. The ability to multitask helps significantly since most employees will have a primary project assignment, but also be asked to consult on and review the work done on other projects at the company.
Space Micro has found that potential employees who are used to the large, multi-layered, slow, tech companies (that generate as much paper as they do products) will not truly be suitable for a career at Space Micro. If you like the idea of working on interesting projects, and seeing your work from the early "conceptual" stage through to product delivery, then Space Micro will be an interesting place for you to move forward with your career.
- Minimum BSEE with 5+ years experience in the design of FPGA logic, good knowledge of digital device characteristics, design and simulation tools based on HDL (Hardware Design Language, VHDL preferred). Candidates with more experience will be considered for more senior-level engineering positions as well.
- Experience using lab instruments with board-level integration/test and Xilinx/Actel is desired.
- Space hardware and radiation background is a plus.
- Self-directive person with ability to handle a dynamic work environment.
- U.S. citizen or Green Card holders only.
- Responsible for the design, test, and integration of complex, high speed FPGAs.
- Fully document design details and hold a design review prior to implementation.
- Implement the approved design using VHDL.
- Verify the design by generating all necessary test benches and/or test vectors and simulating with ModelSim.
- Target the design to a Xilinx/Actel device using synthesis and place and route tools.
- Able to work in a fast-paced development team, working closely with hardware and software engineers during test and integration.
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Ins. provided at no cost to the employee
- Stock Option Program
- 401k/Profit Sharing Program
A full listing of benefits provided to employees may be seen on the main Space Micro Careers page.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to us at email@example.com. If possible, please provide the resume and cover letter as email attachments.
Space Micro Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.