Quality Assurance Engineer
Space Micro is a fast-paced satellite product company that is looking for candidates who thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment.
Potential employees should have a mix of technical expertise and experience, and also be strongly motivated to achieve technical success on complex engineering projects. Equally as important at Space Micro is that we are looking for self-starting and self-directed candidates who can take a project or assignment and truly "own" it; they can direct themselves day-to-day and keep moving towards to a solution and/or product. The ability to multitask helps significantly since most employees will have a primary project assignment, but also be asked to consult on and review the work done on other projects at the company.
Space Micro has found that potential employees who are used to the large, multi-layered, slow, tech companies (that generate as much paper as they do products) will not truly be suitable for a career at Space Micro. If you like the idea of working on interesting projects, and seeing your work from the early "conceptual" stage through to product delivery, then Space Micro will be an interesting place for you to move forward with your career.
- • Reviews customer requirements and ensures that they are met.
- • Participates and leads closed-loop root cause and corrective action activities.
- • Dispositions non-conforming material.
- • Identify and initiate continuous improvement opportunities.
- • Perform purchase order reviews, planning reviews and supplier data reviews, to ensure that quality requirements are captured and flowed down.
- • Interface with business partners over quality related issues.
- • Contribute in a team environment, be flexible, and volunteer support to meet team goals.
- • Collaborate with program management, engineering, purchasing, production control, operations and inspection.
- • Maintain Quality metrics for tracking daily activities within the department.
- • Participate in Change Control Board (CCB) reviews.
- • Issues, monitors and maintains corrective action database.
- • Maintains accurate and current supplier quality records, such as supplier audits, certifications, corrective action responses, and database screens.
- • Performs receiving, in-process, source, and final inspection support to flight projects.
- • Administers company GIDEP system.
- • Administers company calibration system.
- • Collects data to trend ESD, contamination levels, non-conformances and corrective actions.
- • Develops, implements and drafts documentation for quality related processes.
- • Conducts internal and supplier audits.
- • Supports the Quality Manager in supply chain management, including source inspections, supplier surveys, supplier corrective actions, and administering the Space Micro supplier database.
- • Other duties as assigned.
- • Ability to interpret and understand customer and industry specifications, i.e., ISO, ASME, MIL STD, MS, etc.
- • Excellent communications skills – both verbal and technical writing.
- • Provide project leadership for process improvement initiatives.
- • Understanding of configuration management principles and practices.
- • Experience with Quality Engineering tools, i.e. Cause Map, Fish Bone analysis, PFMEA, Six Sigma, SPC, etc.
- • Strong presentation skills.
- • Strong interpersonal skills and ability effectively work at all levels.
- • Team player.
- • Self-starting, minimal supervision required.
- • Detail oriented and highly organized.
- • Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- • Strong facilitation skills.
- • Solid understanding of AS9100, ISO9001.
- • 4-year degree in technical field and/or 3-5 years of quality, manufacturing, or process control experience.
- • Quality engineering experience.
- • Proficient in MS suite of Office products.
- • Proficient in the use of Google productivity products.
- • IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, and the J-STD-001 Space Addendum Certification.
- • BS degree in Quality, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- • Six Sigma.
- • ASQ Certification.
All candidates must be US Persons. Space Micro is an equal opportunity employer.