Space Micro Adds Mr. Jack Sears to its Board of Directors
San Diego, CA – June 22, 2015 Space Micro Inc. today announced the appointment of Mr. Jack Sears Jr. to its Board of Directors.
Mr. Sears is an Aerospace and Defense executive with over 25 years’ experience in military, federal service, and industry leadership, management, and execution roles.
Mr. Sears currently serves as Chairman of the Board and Chief Financial Officer at KinetX Aerospace, Inc., and as the Western Division Manager for McLaughlin Research Corporation.
Previous roles included Client Relationship Executive for Deloitte’s Strategic Federal and Aerospace and Defense clients, and Sector Vice President and General Manager for the Information Technology and Communications Sector of Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc.
Before entering industry, Mr. Sears held the position of Program Manager for the Common High-Bandwidth Data Link-Surface Terminal (CHBDL-ST) and Common Data Link (CDL) programs while a member of the Federal Service at the Space and Naval Warfare (SPAWAR) Systems Center in San Diego.
As a member of the federal service, Mr. Sears was also a Project Manager and Subject Matter Expert in the Link 16 Program at SPAWAR Systems Center San Diego. Before joining federal service, Mr. Sears served in the U.S. Navy.
Mr. Sears is a recognized expert in the fields of small business administration, federal contracting, Foreign Military Sales, and Tactical and Intelligence Data Link Systems. He holds a BS in Business Management from San Diego Christian College and an MBA in Finance from the University of Redlands.Highlights of Experience:
- • Aerospace and Defense Industry Executive with over 25 years’ experience providing Strategic, Program, Financial, and Operations Management
- • Strategic Client Relationship Management including Business Development, Capture Management, Proposal Management, Strategic Pricing Analysis, and Corporate Development for IT, Engineering, Consulting, and Professional Services markets
- • Held P&L responsibility for over $200M worth of Defense and Aerospace contracts
- • Performed as lead executive for the identification of new business areas; conducted Business Case Analysis, developed Business Plans, and managed the initial formation of the management teams responsible for execution of these business areas
- • Developed and executed Strategic, Annual Operating, and Tactical Plans
Space Micro's CEO, David J. Strobel commented, “Space Micro is extremely pleased with the addition of Mr. Sears to our board of directors. His experience in government contracting and corporate financial management, combined with his strong Aerospace and Defense connections, provides Space Micro with resources necessary to the success of a growing enterprise.”