Inventory Control Assistant
Assist with daily inventory and logistics functions by using data collection, reporting and analysis; monitor, identify and report kits released inventory levels and expected receipts for purchased material; assist with physical inventory reconciliation and establish improvements for future physical inventories; assist with establishing new material planning methods.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Identify inventory restocking requirements, places orders with suppliers up to authorization limits when the established low point is reached and submits purchase requests for approval.
- Monitor and maintain orders for adherence to quoted lead times, prices and product specifications; tracks order lead times on inventory items; follows up with orders not received by promise date.
- Establish, implement and monitor part planning guidelines for purchased materials such as days supply, safety stock, min/max, order policy and reorder point.
- Accurately maintains computer records of all goods received and shipments made on a daily basis; gives inventory reports to Management.
- Study inventory reports regularly to determine which items can be scheduled for regular delivery in order to reduce the necessity for special orders.
- Assist in the maintenance of computer database for inventory items using Enterprise-wide system such as SAP, including part numbers.
- Conduct frequent partial physical inventory audits to verify accuracy of computer records; conduct a complete physical inventory count annually.
- Participate with supervisor in determining purchase requirements for blanket orders.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager.
Minimum Job Qualifications:The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.
- One (1) year of inventory, materials or purchasing procedures experience within a manufacturing environment, with basic knowledge of inventory control procedures, desirable; understanding of supply chain principles including forecasting and replenishment, a plus;
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs at an intermediate level; ability to use Enterprise-wide systems such as SAP; proficient level using computerized inventory systems
- Analytical skills: strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to analyze, compare and interpret detailed information; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; detail-oriented a must;
- Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every persons contributions.
- May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent U.S. Residents. Space Micro is an equal opportunity employer.