Position Description and Requirements:
- 1. Mechanical Engineering design experience.-3-5 years.
- Directly designed enclosures of electronic assemblies (PCBA's), etc. or designed moderately complex mechanical component or systems.
- Strong understanding of engineering materials (steel, PCB materials, adhesives, solders, etc.)
- Thermal, shock and vibrational analysis experience with electronic or similar assemblies.
- Strong background in the knowledge of GD&T.
- Familiar with electronic and electrical components (PCB's, connectors, BGA's, SMT components)
- Knowledge of space flight requirements and standards a definite advantage.
- 2. Solidworks- Drafting, 3D Modelling, Design and Simulation- 5 Years Minimum
- Direct design and thermal, shock and vibration analysis experience using Solidworks.
- Possess good drafting, GD&T and documentation skills and knowledge using Solidworks.
- 3. Manufacturing Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of machining and mechanical assembly as it impacts design.
- Some direct machining experience (lathe, mill).
- Understanding of the manufacturing processes required for the design. Examples:
- Solder assembly: reflow/manual
- Adhesive attachment: (e.g. silicones)
- PCB fabrication:
- Surface Protection: chemfilm, anodizing, conformal coat…
- Create Mechanical BOM's
- Select proper materials (adhesives, overcoats, inks, etc) based on spaceflight requirements/restrictions and materials engineering knowledge.
- Select proper fasteners to meet space flight requirements.
- Select appropriate connectors for spaceflight enclosures both internal and external.
- Experience writing manufacturing instructions.
- 4. Project Management
- Experience in the definition, cost/labor estimation and scheduling of tasks required for program support.
- Ability to manage mechanical engineering tasks for multiple programs to completion.
- 5. Other
- Good verbal and written skills for interfacing with customers and team members.
- Ability to create and present engineering power points internally and for customers.
- Ability to work effectively in a leadership or support role on a multi-disciplinary project team.
Please submit resumes in PDF format via email to: HR@spacemicro.com
All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent U.S. Residents. Space Micro is an equal opportunity employer.