Optical Mechanical Technician
Under limited supervision, performs moderately complex technician functions related to the development, test, checkout, alignment, modification and assembly of optical-mechanical assemblies. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. 50% of your time will be required to work in the clean room.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability:
- Able to complete assembly of lens assembly or optical-mechanical assemblies.
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies optical-mechanical assemblies and components and records effects on unit performance.
- Troubleshooting, repairing and testing of optical-mechanical systems, products and modules to component level.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning optical-mechanical assemblies, components or parts and determines methods or actions necessary to rectify.
- Assists in the development of repair processes and procedures.
- Provides technical support to others as needed.
- Ability to read and understand fabrication drawings, assembly drawings or instructions.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with Process Engineer and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- •Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and drawings to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, Power Point, Excel
- Knowledge of SolidWorks is a plus
All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent U.S. Residents. Space Micro is an equal opportunity employer.