Optical Mechanical Technician
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-6 years of relevant experience and also have a degree or certification in the fields of Optical Engineering or Optics Assembly, or equivalent relevant experience.
The ideal candidate performs complex technician functions related to the alignment, assembly, and test of optical-mechanical assemblies. Knowledge of handling and cleaning optic elements is required. An ideal candidate has experience using a Laser Alignment Station to align and bond optics with high precision, as well as experience mixing and applying aerospace epoxy and silicone bonding agents. The job requires an individual to be able to act under limited supervision, and to interface with manufacturing and quality assurance functions to complete optic assembly tasks. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with methods of testing and performance verification of assembled optics. Familiarity with Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is an advantage. This task will require the Opto-Mechanical Technician to work in a cleanroom environment at least 50% of the time.
- Experience using a Laser Alignment Station to align and bond optics with high precision
- Experience with methods of handling and cleaning optic elements
- Able to complete assembly of optics assembly or optical-mechanical assemblies
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies optical-mechanical assemblies and components and records effects on unit performance
- Troubleshooting, repairing and testing of optical-mechanical systems, products and modules to component level
- Diagnoses malfunctioning optical-mechanical assemblies, components or parts and determines methods or actions necessary to rectify
- Assists in the development of repair processes and procedures
- Provides technical support to others as needed
- Ability to read and understand fabrication drawings, assembly drawings or instructions
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with Mechanical Engineer and draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units
- Analyzes and interprets test data
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and drawings to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, Power Point, Excel
- Knowledge of SolidWorks is a plus
Please submit resumes in PDF format via email to: HR@spacemicro.com
All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent U.S. Residents. Space Micro is an equal opportunity employer.