Project Systems Engineer
Space Micro is looking for a detail-focused Project/Systems Engineer to support our optical terminal development. This leader will be responsible for technical coordination and oversight of multiple sub-systems that comprise a laser communications terminal.
- Collaboration with optical, mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to define, capture, and flow down system requirements to subassemblies and components
- Oversee the creating/editing of system engineering documentation including requirements documents, architecture definition documents, ICDs, CONOPs, test plans, test procedures, and test reports
- Define and oversee project tasks relating to discipline/subsystem to meet project goals
- Lead technical interchanges with customers and suppliers
- Thrive in a dynamic environment with rapid decision making
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Engineering, Physics or technical degree
- A background in communication systems, signal processing, and/or optics
- Experience in generating/editing/finalizing traditional system engineering documents such as specifications, ICDs and test plans
- Hands-on leader with ability to confidently oversee the work of a mixed discipline technical team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Security clearance eligible, active security clearance desirable
Please submit resumes in PDF format via email to: HR@spacemicro.com
All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent U.S. Residents. Space Micro is an equal opportunity employer.