Thermal Analysis Engineer
The ideal candidate will have at least 2-6 years of thermal analysis experience using Thermal Desktop, and also have a degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience.
The ideal candidate must have experience performing thermal analysis using Thermal Desktop software. Familiarity with orbital environments (Solar Flux, Earth Albedo, Earth IR) and orbit parameters (LEO, GEO, etc.) is desired. An ideal candidate would be familiar with optical properties of typical spacecraft coatings (α, ϵ), and be familiar with the design and implementation of multi-layer insulation, localized heaters, and radiator design. Thermal analysis will be used to determine the on-orbit thermal performance and characteristics of a laser communications system for satellite applications.
- Mid-Level Thermal Analysis Engineer (2-6 years of Thermal Desktop experience required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience is Required
- Analyzing communications systems for spacecraft environments
- Knowledge of space flight requirements, standards, and environments is a definite advantage
- Working with vendors to manufacture hardware
- Specifying minimum and maximum temperature limits based on orbital thermal environment
- Specifying locations for radiators and heaters to achieve a system thermal balance
- Documenting designs
- Working with mechanical and optical engineering to complete complex system design
- Writing reports and presentations and contributing to proposals
- Thermal Desktop- Surface Modeling, Analysis Design and Simulation – 2 Years Minimum
- Solidworks Experience (Is a Bonus)- Drafting, 3D Modeling, Design and Simulation
- Drafting – Familiarity with drafting standards per ASME-Y14.5 and implementation of GD&T
- Familiarity with electronics for spacecraft is preferred
Please submit resumes in PDF format via email to: HR@spacemicro.com
All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent U.S. Residents. Space Micro is an equal opportunity employer.